Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechDad
What's DOS?
Views: 1,354
Message 1 of 7

Excessive battery drain in Sleep - ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3

Battery drain in sleep mode is excessive compared to other Windows laptops. Leaving the office with a full charge, not powering on the unit at home, I come in the next day and the battery is 89%.

Same scenario over a weekend - Leave the office with 100% charge, come in Monday morning, having not used the laptop and the battery is 78%.

This has nothing to do with the fancy OLED or anything - it wasn't turned on.

Hope this can be addressed in a BIOS update. I really want to love this laptop but the short battery life compared to advertised specs and the excessive battery drain while sleeping leave me with mixed feelings.

Roman79
Punch Card
Views: 1,217
Message 2 of 7

Re: Excessive battery drain in Sleep - ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3

Problem is not the Display, the reason is easy:

Lenovo decides to remove S3 Sleep mode from X1 Carbon 6th Gen and X1 Yoga 3rd... they integrated the (in my eyes) total useless and nonsense S0i3 Mode. See many other threads about this. Nobody knows why Lenovo gave up S3 Sleep and decides for S0i3. They even wont give us back S3. Smiley Sad

At the moment S0i3 do have no advantages at all.

jmota
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,076
Message 3 of 7

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 978
Message 4 of 7

I have changed my windows settings so that lid close, power button, etc all just make the laptop hibernate. 

Sure it takes my laptop about 4 seconds to boot up now but at least I got good stand by battery life again.

Will do this until I see a fix posted in these forums.

mitsuhide
Punch Card
Views: 806
Message 5 of 7

Dear mod:

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

FuriousX1Y3User
What's DOS?
Views: 761
Message 6 of 7

It's been 52 days since the X1 Carbon 6th Gen got the S3 sleep option in BIOS, yet the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen still doesn't have it with BIOS 1.25.

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

X1Y3Sucks
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 7 of 7

It's been 73 days since the X1 Carbon 6th Gen got the S3 sleep option in BIOS, yet the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen still doesn't have it with BIOS 1.27.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors