11-20-2017 06:18 AM
1) I am using X1 Carbon 5th Gen with all the latest drivers and Windows updates.
2) I connect the laptop via it's Thunderbolt to an external LG 4K monitor's displayport.
3) However, the external monitor can't seem to wake up from sleep or during boot / restart or auto detects itself.
4) The only solution is to unplug the USB-C-Displayport cable everytime I need to connect to the external monitor. Once i plugged it in, the external monitor will then wake up.
5) Is there a way to make the external monitor to wake up from sleep or during boot up automatically without having the need to unplug/plug the cable everytime?
6) Appreciate any suggestions or solutions.
04-13-2018 01:57 AM
Same problem. I'm using X1 Yoga 2nd gen with latest drivers and Thinkvision X1 Monitor via USB-C cable directly.
I need to turn off and on monitor everytime I boot and after PC goes to sleep.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!