Options

3 Posts

04-19-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

X1 1st Gen Yoga: Can I use 2 ext monitors?

2020-04-19, 14:19 PM

I use x1 first gen yoga laptop. I have two external monitors and I want to connect them to the laptop. I don’t have port replicator or docking station. Can I use mini dp and hdmi ports to connect to two monitors and have independent display on them?

MOD: Details added to thread title - Doc

Options

8477 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77376 Signins

2200464 Page Views

• Views: 2200464
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:X1 1st Gen Yoga: Can I use 2 ext monitors?

2020-04-19, 15:49 PM

Hi,

The base spec seems to imply not, but The Google found this thread that says yes (which I had forgotten...):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X1-yoga-1st-gen-connect-2-external-monitors/td-p/4356367

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

30 Posts

01-05-2011

CO

254 Signins

559 Page Views

• Views: 559
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:X1 1st Gen Yoga: Can I use 2 ext monitors?

2020-04-19, 16:34 PM

I have tried it with 2nd Gen and yes you can. I don't see why a 1st Gen won't work the same way.   

I usually use a port docking station, but I have just tried connecting two monitors directly to the portable, without using the docking station.

In one end I use one of the USB-C ports using an USB-C to VGA adapter for one monitor and in the other end I connected a HDMI Monitor to the HDMI port of the X1Yoga. It works fine. 

So, yes, you can have 3 screens at the same time without any problem: two of them as external monitors and the other one being the X1 Yoga Screen.

I am embedding in the post an edited print screen of my configuration (my OS is in spanish).

Don't forget to use [Windows Key + P] to toggle between the different screen modes you can have using multiple screens. You can turn the main portable screen off and work just with the external monitors, duplicate them or extend the views.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete