09-25-2016

US

6 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 2

Extreme issues with touchpad on Lenovo Thinkpad x1 carbon 4th gen

2019-04-15, 15:59 PM

I bought an x1 carbon 4th gen a few years ago. While its had its problems, overall I've enjoyed the computer - although I wish I didn't do the custom build.

In the last year or so, I've had extreme cursor jumping when pressure is applied to the bottom or top of the keyboard, especially if its not on flat surfaces. It gets so bad that it gets stuck in corners and I cannot move it at all. the only way to move it was to apply slight bending pressure to the whole bottom half or do a sleep/restart.

I read somewhere that it could be a battery swelling issue that interferes with the touchpad sensor in the middle of the keyboard. I brushed it off and hoped an update would fix it.

Several updates later it did not and actually only got worse. By chance, I tried turning of the touchpad function and miraculously, the cursor does not jump anymore, meaning it is a software issue.

I've found a few other threads with the exact same issue but no responses let alone no solutions. It is really annoying because I when the whole touchpad is toggled off, the trackpoint AND the two trackpad buttons at the top are turned off. I got used to those functions, especially the two left/right buttons, so it sucks not being able to use them.

I am wondering if I can get a refund or a new laptop, because as a lenovo user its unaccetable to pay the price you do for an x1 just to get mediocre results. Please help me find a solution, any advice is appreciated

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Extreme issues with touchpad on Lenovo Thinkpad x1 carbon 4th gen

2019-05-02, 21:27 PM

Hi Pdraco! Welcome to our forums community. The device was released on 2016. We provide 1 year manufacturers warranty from the date of purchase just like other brands. You may want to read the warranty agreement here: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/l505-0010-02_en.pdf?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.
You can try these steps from this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht075464. If the issue persist,try resetting to factory defaults. Backup your files before proceeding.

For hardware issues, you can bring your device to any of our list of authorized service centers here: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, filter the country.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete