Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeeel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 771
Message 11 of 27

Re: Fan stays on when it's in sleep mode

DaSa for me last BIOS but i need to close, open and  close again   the lid in order to make the fan stopping...

Please fix 

cyreneq
Paper Tape
Views: 717
Message 12 of 27

I updated everything. This is a new laptop, Lenovo X1 Yoga Carbon. I already put customized skin on it, so I can't exchange it. Disappointing that a $2500 laptop would have this problem out of the box. Anyone find out how to fix this?
cyreneq
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 13 of 27

Did you ever find a solution to get it fixed?
mrcambo87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 703
Message 14 of 27

Bios and Windows are up to date, and the problem still occurs everytime I put my laptop to sleep.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 692
Message 15 of 27

You're aware that in the default modern standby mode, the X1C6 does stay active for certain tasks? They may cause the fan to run. There's masses of discussion about modern standby in this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-Battery-drain-in-sleep/m-p/...

The good news is that the latest X1C6 BIOS now allows you to choose modern or traditional standby.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Highlighted
goth_bacon
Serial Port
Views: 686
Message 16 of 27

X1 Carbon 6th gen sometimes doesn't sleep when closed

Sometimes, maybe around half the time (I haven't counted), my laptop doesn't go to sleep when the lid is closed.  The fan keeps running and the Thinkpad logo red light stays on.  I know that the computer "registers" the lid closing, because the screen turns off and I get logged out.  This is very inconvenient because every time I close my laptop, I have to wait a minute to see if it properly went to sleep.  If this problem does occur, opening and closing the lid once more seems to put it to sleep.  I thought maybe it just took some time for the laptop to go to sleep, but my laptop was in my backpack today for a couple hours, logo light on and fan running and of course quite warm.  Did some searching but couldn't find a solution.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks.

mitsuhide
Punch Card
Views: 491
Message 17 of 27

Dear mod:

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

FuriousX1Y3User
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 18 of 27

It's been 52 days since the X1 Carbon 6th Gen got the S3 sleep option in BIOS, yet the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen still doesn't have it with BIOS 1.25.

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

ThinkpAdam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 402
Message 19 of 27

Any movement on this? I noticed it a while ago on my 20LD (3rd Gen X1 Yoga) but disregarded it in the face of a larger issue. Last night I closed the laptop while the fans were on at a fairly high speed and woke up a number of times through the night to find it still on. When I finally awoke in the morning, the fan was still on but processer temps (using Core Temp) were not hot and the air coming out of the back was quite cool, suggesting the fan wasn't on for a legitimate reason.

Of note: in all instances when the fan has stayed in during sleep (that I can recall), my computer was plugged in. I haven't tested yet without opening the lid, but when I open it from sleep, unplug the power cable, the fan slowly dies down. Afterward, I close it to sleep again and the fan stays off. I'm wondering if this has something to do with Power Modes between plugged-in and unplugged.

Temporary albeit unacceptable fix for others, if it's not just for me, is to try that.

RobinSaltLake
Fanfold Paper
Views: 357
Message 20 of 27

this same problem is happening with my new Lenovo P1 laptop.  I paid $2100 for this, and i can't get the fan issue to fix itself.  I've updated the BIOS several times.  But nothing is fixing this.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors