DE

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

Faulty pixel on ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6

2018-04-19, 18:35 PM

Hello there!

I have only been using my ThinkPad X1 for under a month now and have already run into a problem; namely a seemingly faulty pixel. I noticed it today (as it is easy to spot on a white background) and can definitely tell that it wasn't there before. The computer was also not mishandled in the slightest - I am very careful with devices in this price range. However, the pixel has been doing its thing for an entire day now and has not gone back to normal despite shutdowns and all that stuff. What it does is this: It seems to be stuck as "green" whenever there is a light background. When it is supposed to display something dark, however, it is not green; at least I think so, since I was not able to spot the faulty pixel with a dark program on full screen. Am I right in assuming that all I can do is turn towards the Lenovo Support for fixing the device? If so, is there a better way than the extremely convoluted ticket system that seems tedious to navigate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options

1 Posts

09-26-2019

GB

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Faulty pixel on ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6

2019-09-26, 20:59 PM

Same issue just happened to me witht the 7th gen version. As soon as I opened it, a green small spot in the middle of the screen.

I am going to RMA the unit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms