Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davisjcook
What's DOS?
Views: 156
Message 1 of 3

Fibocom 850-GL WWAN does not install / seem to exist

Hi all,

Am running an X1 6th Gen, in which my Fibocom 850-GL has been sporadically working.

1. The device does not appear in Device Manager under Network Adaptors at all (even if I search for hidden devices)

2. Lenovo Vantage picks up that the device drivers need to be updated, and asks me to download the update

3. The update runs, and when the laptop reboots, a small white install box appears in the bottom right of the window... and then does nothing.

4. A few seconds later, the Windows 'Device Disconnected' chime sounds

5. A few seconds later, the Windwos 'Device Connected' chime sounds

6. I can re-install the drivers

7. Cycle back to point 2.

I'm unable to uninstall the device as it doesn't ever show in device manager; just constantly get Windows finding / un-finding the device, and it never installs.

Running latest version of Windows 10; Vantage + Windows seem to think everything is updated.

Thanks in advance!

PENTA_IT
Fanfold Paper
Views: 60
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibocom 850-GL WWAN does not install / seem to exist

It's super annoying, and mine is doing the same thing. It'll work and then after a bit, it'll disconnect and I'll hear the USB disconnect chime, followed by the USB connect chime. It's frustrating. Drivers are all up to date, BIOS is up to date. Windows 10 1809 is what I'm running.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 53
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibocom 850-GL WWAN does not install / seem to exist

Try an Emergency Reset (pinhole on bottom), then do an update (from just a few days ago). I use on my X1C6 almost daily and it is very stable. Using AT&T.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors