Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptburkis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,147
Message 1 of 6

Fibocom Firmware Update Tool Doesn't Run

Hi All,

I'm trying to update the firmware on the Fibocom WWAN device on my X270 laptop. I'm running windows 10 x64. I downloaded the Firemware update from here:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/nz2wi01w.exe

The Readme is Here:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/nz2wi01w.txt

When I try to run the unpacked executable, L831_FWUpdateTool_L831_V2E.0C.00.16_NAND, nothing happens. Don't even get a window that then prompty dissapears, just nothing happens. I've tryed starting it from a commandline and using /? type switches to see if I can get anything else from it but nothing happens. Also checked to see that it's not blocked, or being stopped by AV, also checked event logs, there's nothing there.... Any ideas? Is it me, or is the EXE at fault?

I've checked the manufacturer site directly, but they don't offer firmware downloads (As I'd exepect really)

My laptop is currently running v7 so this would be jumping to v16, as at the moment I only get a "Limited Service" with my sim card. I've checked the Sim in a MiFi device and on a phone and it works fine. So I'm hoping a firmware update will help.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,141
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibocom Firmware Update Tool Doesn't Run

Welcome to the Community

Try to perform the fw update from either Lenovo System Update or Lenovo Vantage applications.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ptburkis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 3 of 6

Just tried that, it installed all the other updates apart from the Fibocom one which is the one I wanted/needed. There's nothing in the logs...

Update Error.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,050
Message 4 of 6

Is your x270's MT 20HM or 20HN?
Is the laptop' AC adapter attached before the fw update either package or tool has been launched?

Confirm, please, the WWAN modem USB IDs:
- double click on the modem entry in Device Manager, Details tab, Option list, Hardware ID option
- in the field Value the IDs should be
USB\VID_2CB7&PID_0002

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

stonehand
What's DOS?
Views: 700
Message 5 of 6

Hi!

I've same problem, but in L570 laptop. Any idea os solution for that?

Thank you very much.

ptburkis
Paper Tape
Views: 684
Message 6 of 6

I got there in the end. I ran all of the firmware and driver updates from the Lenovo tool. Then ran Windows update, rebooted a few times and reseated the SIM card. One of those fixed it! I suspect it was the firmware and drivers tbh

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors