Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThinkVasily
Fanfold Paper
Views: 150
Message 1 of 4

Fibocom driver problems

A new 'recommended' update for my X1C6 arrived and now I'm not able to use my modem, it just displays 'no network' all the time.

Everything was fine with previous 2.0.1.74.

Wanted to drop this note so Lenovo is aware of this and also ask: how do I revert to 2.0.1.74 (I cannot find the download for this version, it always redirects me to 2.0.1.75)?

Thanks

ThinkVasily
Fanfold Paper
Views: 139
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2.0.1.75 Fibocom driver totally not working on X1C6, 2.0.1.74 did

UPD: it seems that after BIOS update and reboot 2.0.1.75 works for me. not sure for how long though.

also wanted to mention another problem with those drivers (it was in 74 and still persists in 75): upon every cell connect/disconnect the software creates a new network profile in registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

upon first connection, it creates a profile with name of my cell operator (I'll call it 'cell' next on), on second it also creates 'cell 1', on third 'cell 2' and this list is growing and growing.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 120
Message 3 of 4

Re: Fibocom driver problems

Hi ThinkVasily, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

My X1C6 has been working OK wiht 2.0.1.75 since it was published (AT&T in the US), so hopefully it will continue working for you!

As for the multiplying profiles, I see them too, but they are apparently not doing any harm.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
ThinkVasily
Fanfold Paper
Views: 101
Message 4 of 4

Re: Fibocom driver problems

I've actually posted a reply, but my post dissapeared.

again: filling user's registry (and thus RAM) with 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000... entries of never used data is evil and definitely a bug.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors