Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 884
Message 1 of 11

Fingerprint "personalization"

Hey,

I'd like to ask if there is possibility to use fingerprint reader on admin account. Previously I've had Admin account, my account and "fingerprint logon" account on windows logon screen. I wanted to have only one, so I removed my account and now I am using admin account. Can I somehow use fingerprint reader? Is it possible not to have "fingerprint logon" icon on windows logon screen?

Regards, 

lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 856
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fingerprint "personalization"

any suggestions?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 833
Message 3 of 11

lokifisz,

I am a bit confused on your request.

You can try adding or removing fingerprints via the settings for the FPR software.

Type "Fingerprint" on the search bar after you press start. Swipe or enter your Windows password. Then click Settings. You can try to find the item you want from there. Hope that helps.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 820
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

First problem is that I can't even enroll my fingerprint's since I am using admin account(error code: E7210005). I'm getting an error which says that my system configuration doesn't allow using fingerprints. Is it possible to pass it by?

Highlighted
ceb
WWAN
Views: 808
Message 5 of 11

Can you remind us again about your configuration? Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers?

lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 776
Message 6 of 11

I have windows 7 pro 64 bit. My system is up to date. Is it possible to use fingerprint as admin and not to have this additional "account" on windows logon screen.

SMG47
802.11n
Views: 761
Message 7 of 11

The built in Administrator account does not support biometrics. The best you can do is create another account and give it administrator rights and disable the Administrator account.

lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 748
Message 8 of 11

Thanks. 50% done : ] Can I remove "fingerprint logon account" on windows logon screen?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 741
Message 9 of 11

If you remove the fingerprint logon account then i don't think you can use the fingerprint to login the windows

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
lokifisz
SCSI Port
Views: 730
Message 10 of 11

Thanks Guys.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors