Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narias01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint reader doesn't work as needed

I've had a really hard time using the fingerprint reader. I've set it up multiple times and entered my fingerprint multiple times in hopes that it'll function better but after 3 times it asks me for the PIN. This is what I want to avoid. One of the reasons I bought the X1 was because of the fingerprint reader. I need it to work as intended and as quickly as a phone. Do I need to forcefully press my finger on the reader? Light pressure? Any ideas?

2017 X1...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,275
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fingerprint reader doesn't work as needed

Light pressure is fine.  I do a lot of physical things with my hands, and I may have calluses and other wear to the tips of my fingers.  I have much better luck setting up and using my middle finger.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
dvfx
Punch Card
Views: 1,203
Message 3 of 4

it works great... when it works. I feel the problems are with windows (win 10pro 64). mine goes south about once a week, then I have to enter a passcode. I have no fix for it but am interested because the "lock out" or whatever after several attempts sucks because it does take a few tries sometimes. It usually takes 1-3 tries with light pressure. I love it otherwise. about 80% of the time it's really fast. wish the fail after several attempts could be disabled.

narias01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,199
Message 4 of 4

I actually tried my right-middle finger and it works like 90% of the time. I don't wear gloves at the gym so it's probably my fault. I scanned my right index like 8 times so I got up to the max of 10 so I have to delete everything and start over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors