Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rravivarman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,677
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint sensor is not detected in X230 , Windows 7 64bit

I my x230 thinkpad, fingerprint sensor is not detected.

I Installed Fingerprint Sensor Manager and tried, it says Fingerprint sensor is not detected.

I also checked in BIOS under security, there its enabled. When i press reset data, its showing error has fingerprint sensor not attached. In IO Access also its enabled properly.

I also tried with ThinkVantage software. again its not detected and showing error as E7210005.

g1f813ww.exe, g1f814ww.exe, ls4c71a2.exe and ls4c73a2.exe are the applications i tried.

Pls help me to solve this.

X230D
Paper Tape
Views: 1,506
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fingerprint sensor is not detected in X230 , Windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue.

Where you able to resolve this issue ?

Lenovo team doesn't seem to have answer to this.

With Regards

Girish

WaNaWe
What's DOS?
Views: 1,404
Message 3 of 4

Me having the same issues... Smiley Sad

WaNaWe
What's DOS?
Views: 1,402
Message 4 of 4

Successfull using below steps.. of course you need the http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/ls4c71a2.exe file installed

My steps are:

- Whilst the Windows Auto Update opened with this Optional Update

- I go to Device Manager and uninstall the working properly AuthenTec TouchChip Driver

(that would be right click on the TouchChip, Choose Uninstall

on the pop-up I check the "Delete the driver software for this device" ..then click OK)

- Once the uninstallation of the driver finished (it's only take seconds in my case), I made Device Manager scan for new hardware

(this can be done under menu "ACTION" then pointing to "Scan for hardware changes")

- The newly found device was marked with an exclamation icon

- Then I'm updated it from the %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution with "Include subfolders" checked

(update the exclamation device by right click and choose "Update driver software...")

- Finishing all those steps with System Restart ..voila: the finger print log-on photo is replaced (with WBF Advanced Mode icon?) just by a press of an ESC key

I'm hoping this mean something

Kudos to AHMAD noviaN ; 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/unable-to-install-authen...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors