04-24-2017 03:31 AM
I my x230 thinkpad, fingerprint sensor is not detected.
I Installed Fingerprint Sensor Manager and tried, it says Fingerprint sensor is not detected.
I also checked in BIOS under security, there its enabled. When i press reset data, its showing error has fingerprint sensor not attached. In IO Access also its enabled properly.
I also tried with ThinkVantage software. again its not detected and showing error as E7210005.
g1f813ww.exe, g1f814ww.exe, ls4c71a2.exe and ls4c73a2.exe are the applications i tried.
Pls help me to solve this.
10-03-2017 08:12 AM
Successfull using below steps.. of course you need the http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/ls4c71a2.exe file installed
My steps are:
- Whilst the Windows Auto Update opened with this Optional Update
- I go to Device Manager and uninstall the working properly AuthenTec TouchChip Driver
(that would be right click on the TouchChip, Choose Uninstall
on the pop-up I check the "Delete the driver software for this device" ..then click OK)
- Once the uninstallation of the driver finished (it's only take seconds in my case), I made Device Manager scan for new hardware
(this can be done under menu "ACTION" then pointing to "Scan for hardware changes")
- The newly found device was marked with an exclamation icon
- Then I'm updated it from the %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution with "Include subfolders" checked
(update the exclamation device by right click and choose "Update driver software...")
- Finishing all those steps with System Restart ..voila: the finger print log-on photo is replaced (with WBF Advanced Mode icon?) just by a press of an ESC key
I'm hoping this mean something
Kudos to AHMAD noviaN ;