Options

1 Posts

09-17-2018

US

8 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 2

Flickering screen, have to uninstall the Intel Graphics driver but can't adjust brightness anymore

2018-09-17, 4:18 AM

The flickering issue happened many times before on my X1 yoga 2nd gen (OLED), the screen flickers like crazy that I cannot look at the screen when I unplug the laptop. Somehow I fixed it by updating or rollbacking the intel graphic 620 driver several times before. However, this time, I have tried several versions of the Intel Graphics 620 drivers including the latest ones on Lenovo support page and Intel website, none of them worked that I have to uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver and live with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for now. But then I cannot adjust the brightness or using the night light mode, which is also terrible. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Options

1 Posts

03-29-2019

CA

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Flickering screen, have to uninstall the Intel Graphics driver but can't adjust brightness anymo

2019-03-29, 5:08 AM

I just purchased Thinkpad x1 Carbon 6th gen 2018 20KH. I had the same screen flickering issue when I logged in to my account. I followed your step and disabled the Inter UHD Graphics 620 device, Ass soon as the Graphics 620 was disabled, the flickering problem was gone. The problem came back if I enable the device again. Do not know how to solve it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save