cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mareluce
HDMI
Views: 4,220
Message 1 of 4

For 4 hours..."Flashing embedded controller.Do not power off." -- on my screen for 4 hours...

On a Thinkpad X1 Carbon,  I did a Lenovo System Update.  

One of the updates included the BIOS.   The system shutdown and rebooted.

The message on the bottom left of the reboot splash screen has been:

"Flashing embedded controller.  Do not power off."

for the past 4 hours. 

Any suggestions? 

ialwaysnear
What's DOS?
Views: 3,707
Message 2 of 4

Re: For 4 hours..."Flashing embedded controller.Do not power off." -- on my screen for 4

I have the same problem. Just reboot your PC.
Miracu
What's DOS?
Views: 3,261
Message 3 of 4

Re: For 4 hours..."Flashing embedded controller.Do not power off." -- on my screen for 4

I had exactly the same problem with a TP T450s (Windows 7) after a "critical" Lenovo system update. After one hour being stuck with the message "Flashing embedded controller - Do not power off" on a black screen, I used the emergency-reset hole on the bottom of the notebook to force power off. After that I pressed the power button and luckily the system booted normally. This time the same message appeared again for few seconds and Windows started normally.

tarozzi1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,691
Message 4 of 4

Same problem here. Lenovo X1 Carbon, just did a 'critical update' and for the last two hours the screen has been showing the terrifying "Flashing Embedded Controller..." "Please do not power off!!". On other forums people write that powering off can make my Lenovo useless. Any expert advice would be appreciated. How can this happen after a "critical update" is something I cannot comprehend.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors