Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schitto
Punch Card
Views: 394
Message 1 of 3

Ghost touches on touchscreen of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 3rd Gen

I am experiencing frequent ghost touches on my new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd gen). This means that one can see the Windows 10 visual effects of a touch on the touchscreen and the corresponding opening of windows or apps on the taskbar, without anybody actually touching the screen. This makes the laptop sometimes hard to use. I have the latest Windows 10 1809 version with updated drivers and the latest BIOS V1.24.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 370
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ghost touches on touchscreen of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 3rd Gen

@schitto wrote:

I am experiencing frequent ghost touches on my new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd gen). This means that one can see the Windows 10 visual effects of a touch on the touchscreen and the corresponding opening of windows or apps on the taskbar, without anybody actually touching the screen. This makes the laptop sometimes hard to use. I have the latest Windows 10 1809 version with updated drivers and the latest BIOS V1.24.

Unfortunately the consensus is that this is a hardware issue, see this lengthy thread. Quickest fix: return the machine, hope the next one doesn't have it, or (gasp) try another vendor. Other option, have the touch screen replaced under warranty / touch screen connector reseated/replaced. I think I've seen both of these mentioned as solution.  

schitto
Punch Card
Views: 355
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ghost touches on touchscreen of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 3rd Gen

Thank you very much. I had missed that thread.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors