cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremym
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 400
Message 1 of 2

Got new X260 with 7Cell battery.. no where NEAR 21 hours battery life reported !!

So, I bought the laptop because many reviews and even Lenovo's website tout HUUUUGE battery life with the X260 and the 7cell battery.

So I pulled the trigger and got one.

Here's the article I used:

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/thinkpad-x260-full-hd-battery-life

I have the 1920x1080 screen.

Windows 10 reports about 9 hours of possible use time. 

I haven't really loaded anything special on Windows 10 yet which would even chew into the battery life.

What's going on here?

NOTE: I haven't tested actual use time to see if Windows resets or cleans up the amount of life remaining. I plan to exhaust the battery to see how long it really does go.. but wanted to get some opinions if I have maybe a problem system / battery.

Thanks.

Highlighted
David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 367
Message 2 of 2

Re: Got new X260 with 7Cell battery.. no where NEAR 21 hours battery life reported !!

Headline battery life figures will likely be at minimum screen brightness, all radios disabled, power management options turned to minimum power consumption and with essentially no processor load - in other words, all but meaningless. 9 hours is still pretty impressive with current battery technology, though I'm not an X260 owner so cannot comment if it is typical for that particular model.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors