Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weedenbc
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 1 of 4

HDMI through dock stopped working after IME firmware update

Today Lenovo Vantage updated the firmare for the Intel Management Engine in my Lenovo X1 Carbon (6 gen) to version 11.8.70.3626 and after reboot the external monitor I use through my plugable dock stopped working. I was actually using the dock while I did the update so I know it was working right beforehand. 

After the update, plugging in the dock (via USB 3) allows me to wake up the machine via the keyboard attached to the dock but the display doesn't come up. Neither does hooking up the display directly to the HDMI port while the laptop is up and running. 

Thoughts?

LiamToohey
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 2 of 4

Re: HDMI through dock stopped working after IME firmware update

I've just run into the same issue after performing the same firmware update (version 11.8.70.3626) for my X1 Carbon. Connecting to any display via HDMI is no longer working.

The laptop was connected to an external display and working, after update and restart it can't connect to the same display.

LiamToohey
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 3 of 4

I found a related post that solved my issue. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-gen-HDMI-not-working/m-p/409265...

You can use a paperclip and press the little power reset button on the back of the laptop. Just looks like a small hole.
weedenbc
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 4 of 4

Ok, that worked. Thanks!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors