Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdrindy
What's DOS?
Views: 902
Message 1 of 3

Hardware Scan Result Code: whd01v002-wljv3g

Can you tell me what this is for please?  I need to assess the potential cost of repair/replacement of pieces/parts vs new computer.  Thanks a bunch!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 862
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hardware Scan Result Code: whd01v002-wljv3g

I cannot tell you what the specific test was that failed, but the W stands for Windows, the HD stands for Hard Drive and the 01v002 refers to the test performed and which test of the HD failed.   the Wljv3g is just an encrypted version of your systems serial number.

Typically Hard drive errors are not good news, and typically mean that the hard drive drive is failing.   Luckily hard drives are not too expensive or difficult to replace.       I would, therefore, highly recommend that you backup all of your important data IMMEDIATELY, as failing hard drives tend to harshly punish procrastinators.

Usually you can just open the Lenovo Solutions Center , select Hardware Scan and then select See Last Results and see the details of the hardware scan without re-running the scan. but if not, Select Hardware Scan >> Select Tests, and only run the test on the Harddrive.   One completed, select View log and it will show what specific tests failed.

Good Luck,

kdrindy
What's DOS?
Views: 850
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hardware Scan Result Code: whd01v002-wljv3g

Thanks very much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors