Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivian8
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 1 of 2

Headphone Jack Not Working, audio plays from speaker, no audio from headphones

I have the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. 

My headphone is perfectly fine. When I plug into the headphone jack, there is no audio from the headphones just the speakers. I plug and unplug my headphones several times to make sure but the audio still plays through the speaker. I tried this with 3 other headphones and the same happened. I tried everything to fix the issue: updating the drivers, changing the RealTek setting to multi-stream, setting the Speaker/HP as default, etc. you name it. When I plug in my headphones, it doesn't appear as a device. I don't think it's a hardware problem. Everything was perfectly fine before but it suddenly stops working. Please help!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 42
Message 2 of 2

Re: Headphone Jack Not Working, audio plays from speaker, no audio from headphones

Hello Vivian8! Welcome to Community Forums.

Just to clarify, is the headphone detected when it's plugged in? If not, that is hardware issue.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors