Did you mean: 
nayantha88
Punch Card
Views: 250
Message 11 of 15

Re: Help Needed In Setting Up Sierra Wireless EM 7355

Hi,

I have done that.

now cmd says 'there is no mobile interface' (see attached)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 241
Message 12 of 15

Check out the BIOS Setup - Security menu, I/O Port Access. Wireless WAN Access should be enabled.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

nayantha88
Punch Card
Views: 232
Message 13 of 15

Hi,

that is enabled in bios.

however I was able to detect the eventlogger (see attached)

it seems the trusted platform module (TPM) is blocking the device

need some guidance onn how to enable that 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 224
Message 14 of 15

OK
Let's start from the beginning.

Earlier, in the post #5 above, you showed the snapshot of the DM with em7355 QDLoader device in the system. This isn't normal behavior if the wwan modem is recognized by the system and ready to work. In this case there aren't another em7355 modem' related virtual devices in the system, mainly em7355 network adapter. Check this out in the Device Manager -> "Network adapters" category, I'm sure em7355 network device is absent there.

It means either the modem awaits while the firmware will be loaded through the QDLoader port or the firmware in the modem is corrupted or appropriate software for the fw loading (or fw image itself) aren't installed in the system or something prevents to perform that action. Now I understand what "87%" error might mean - the fw loading is incomplet by unknown (at this stage) reason. No doubt, appropriate event should be present in the system log I requested earlier. Either, missing virtual em7355 network adapter doesn't force to start the wwansvc service in Auto mode.
TPM related entries you showed above aren't important for em7355 case.

So, just confirm that em7355 network adapter is missing in the Device manager

The 2nd step: describe, please, what em7355 software items/parts have been installed.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

nayantha88
Punch Card
Views: 214
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

this is my device manager looks like, As you said EM 7355 is showing on the ports not in the network adaptors

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors