06-27-2008

usa

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 2

Help! System Rescue files corrupt!

2009-11-19, 3:03 AM

I hope someone can help with this - my X61 w/ 32-bit Vista Business has never worked well, with persistent blue screen crashes, system lock-ups, and error messages. After dutifully downloading Windows updates (Vista SP 2 just made things worse) and new drivers I decided to start from scratch and restore the computer to the factory settings - i.e. wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows from the rescue partition. I backed up all my files and went through the steps on the Rescue & Recovery console, only to have the installation fail - it says the Windows files are corrupt and it hangs on the installation every time -sometimes with another blue screen.

So basically this computer is now dead in the water, and unfortunately out of warranty. Please - does anyone know of any way to restore the rescue partition so I can at least re-install the OS that this machine came with? Any suggestions appreciated!

Options

5 Posts

06-27-2008

usa

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Help! System Rescue files corrupt!

2009-11-19, 4:49 AM

Addendum:

These two posts to the forum describe my problem pretty accurately:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/3000-N100-Resuce-and-Recovery-Issue/m-p/58326#M7347

http://lnv.lithium.com/t5/R-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/R61-Recovery-error/m-p/140884

I'll add that I've tested by RAM and hard drive with built-in and 3rd party utilities and they all seem to be OK. Also tried Spinrite data recovery on the rescue partition and it hasn't helped.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save