Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hippy
Punch Card
Views: 786
Message 1 of 5

Help: Unable to insert mSata into PCIE slot

Hi, all,

I'm having a problem inserting the mSATA drive into the slot while trying to installing the mSata drive. I"m using a Plextor mSATA SSD (PX-128M5M) but found it's very difficult to insert into the PCI Express slot. I failed several times while trying to plug it in. 

I wonder if my PCI Express slot is broken, plesae check picture below and kindly advise how to proceed

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

My ThinkPads: T21, X30, X31, X61, X220
spaiduhz
Token Ring
Views: 761
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help: Unable to insert mSata into PCIE slot

x220 i assume?

a wee bit odd that it looks as though the contact points are touching each other, half of them. if you have a thin card, you could try to slot it in and make sure they can separate. tbh, it looks as though a card was forced in causing the contacts to deform. hopefully the card trick works. good luck!
lznhello
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 3 of 5

I am actually having the exactly same issue!!! I have a X220t, and I tried to install a mSata SSD. It couldn't go in properly. Then I checked the slot, it looks very similar to yours... The pins on the top are not well aligned! Maybe this is a manufacturing problem??? If the slot is broken, I don't know what to do with my newly bought mSata SSD which costs me over 200 bucks...

hippy
Punch Card
Views: 572
Message 4 of 5

Finally I installed a 2.5 inch SSD and sold my mSATA on eBay.

My ThinkPads: T21, X30, X31, X61, X220
lznhello
Paper Tape
Views: 566
Message 5 of 5

Do you think this is a manufacture problem? I really don't think this is due to my installation, because I followed the instruction very carefully. If that is the case, Lenovo should do something.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors