Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5389 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8393 Signins

134823 Page Views

• Views: 134823
  • Message 21 of 30

Re:Help me buy the X1 Carbon Gen 9 - questions, HPD

2021-06-03, 21:32 PM

Looks to have the same camera as the previous one, not IR.  I suggest you call CDW to determine which will met your specs. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

5389 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8393 Signins

134823 Page Views

• Views: 134823
  • Message 22 of 30

2021-06-09, 17:25 PM

Lenovo.com and the PSREF have been updated to properly show whether a system has HPD or not. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Options

2595 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3516 Signins

43655 Page Views

• Views: 43655
  • Message 23 of 30

2021-06-09, 22:27 PM

Excellent! And for @lojat88, here is the PSREF site for the X1 Carbon Gen 9: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_Gen_9

You can sort by model number there.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

28 Posts

12-11-2016

United States of America

25 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 24 of 30

2021-06-11, 17:43 PM

I went with 20XW004GUS - it doesn't have the IR camera but everything was out of stock. /This model seems like it'll give me most of what I want with the 16:10 1920 screen, etc

Options

39 Posts

05-14-2021

Thailand

82 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 25 of 30

2021-06-11, 18:02 PM

@ EricX wrote:

Excellent! And for @lojat88, here is the PSREF site for the X1 Carbon Gen 9: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_Gen_9

You can sort by model number there.

Interesting, mine (20XWCTO1WW) doesn't even show up on that list? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X1 Carbon (Gen 9) : i7-1185G7 : 32GB : 1TB SSD PCIe Gen4 : 14.0" WQUXGA (4K)
(48 Month - Premier Warranty : Accidental Damage Protection : Keep Your Drive)
Thinkpad T460p : i7-6820HQ : 16GB : 512GB SSD : 14" WQHD (2K) : NVIDIA 940MX
Options

2595 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3516 Signins

43655 Page Views

• Views: 43655
  • Message 26 of 30

2021-06-12, 4:06 AM

Looks like that model isn't updated on PSREF yet.  If the specs you're interested in aren't on Lenovo.com, I suggest waiting a week or so for them to update the PSREF.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

5560 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39915 Signins

766033 Page Views

• Views: 766033
  • Message 27 of 30

2021-06-12, 15:21 PM

@lordgrinz "CTO" in the model name 20XWCTO1WW means "Customized To Order" i.e. whomever ordered it went with the "Customize" or "Build your own" option. All customized systems get the same model name irrespective of their customizations. Thus CTO models are never found in the PSREF because there are many of them with the same name.

To see which customizations were chosen for a particular model, look at your order, or go to the support site and enter the serial number then look at the "As-Built" parts list.

Hope this helps!

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

39 Posts

05-14-2021

Thailand

82 Signins

675 Page Views

• Message 28 of 30

2021-06-12, 16:45 PM

@ bananaman wrote:

@lordgrinz "CTO" in the model name 20XWCTO1WW means "Customized To Order" i.e. whomever ordered it went with the "Customize" or "Build your own" option. All customized systems get the same model name irrespective of their customizations. Thus CTO models are never found in the PSREF because there are many of them with the same name.

To see which customizations were chosen for a particular model, look at your order, or go to the support site and enter the serial number then look at the "As-Built" parts list.

Hope this helps!

I custom order it, but I didn't realize that "As-Built" parts list was available, kind of neat to look at with the accompanying pictures, thanks! ;-)

I didn't see HPD listed as an option when I custom ordered, not sure its enabled on this machine or not, but probably wouldn't use it anyway. Thanks for the heads-up on the parts list though!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Options

5560 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39915 Signins

766033 Page Views

• Views: 766033
  • Message 29 of 30

2021-06-12, 16:50 PM

The HPD sensor is built in to the LCD assembly. Find the it in the As-Built list and look for HPD in its name.

Also, at least from here (US), look at your order online. In the Order Visibility Portal (OVP), click on the "System Details" button, and look for HPD.

If you don't find HPD, the system does not have it.

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

39 Posts

05-14-2021

Thailand

82 Signins

675 Page Views

• Message 30 of 30

2021-06-12, 17:24 PM

@ bananaman wrote:

The HPD sensor is built in to the LCD assembly. Find the it in the As-Built list and look for HPD in its name.

Also, at least from here (US), look at your order online. In the Order Visibility Portal (OVP), click on the "System Details" button, and look for HPD.

If you don' find HPD, the system does not have it.

I've been living here in Thailand (Bangkok) since 2016, and no ability to travel back to the USA lately due to the pandemic, so I was forced to order (my T460p was making me nervous with its age and use)  a new machine thru the Thailand Lenovo website. I don't think HPD was an option, and I don't see it in the "As-Built" section, only shows "14"WQUXGA,IR,BK,HDR,AUO". Every other option I maxed out, except the SSD, which I went with 1TB instead of the 2TB option. Like I said, I probably wouldn't use HPD, I was just interested if it was already on this machine, or not. I really wish I could have gotten this with a US keyboard though (they wouldn't do it - sigh!), but the THAI/English keyboard isn't too bad, its a little busy looking, but it works.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms