Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hogwarts
Fanfold Paper
Views: 142
Message 1 of 2

Help repairing corrupt BIOS dump

I have an X1 Yoga 2nd Gen 20JE. Thought my mobo was bad...but pretty sure its a corrupt BIOS. I have saved the BIN off the chip using a SOIC8SOP8 test clamp, and would like help with repairing the file OR if someone had the proper BIN file they could share...

I also have another BIOS dump BIN from an alternate yoga X1 gen 2 mobo -- different physical BIOS chip, this one was working (bought off ebay). I installed it, had a BIOS lock, seller told me to short pins (was stupid but before I spent a lot of time researching all this), now it is exhibiting the same behavior as the original corrupt board, which is how I landed at the conclusion the original chip was corrputed (now they are both corrupt LOL). 

With gratitude,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 135
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help repairing corrupt BIOS dump

The thing that is called the BIOS password is not really stored in the BIOS so it seems obvious that someone trashed the original BIOS trying to get around it and now you seem to have trashed it again.  Discussions on how to defeat security measures are not allowed so I am locking this thread.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors