cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fr34k
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,659
Message 11 of 26

Re: Holding X240 by bottom left hand corner causes screen to black out and flicker

Ok,

This time I get a vidz of the display flicker

https://t.co/StyZAYkAX4

It don't flicker like this normally but this one is more funny, but just by taking it from the left corner on the table give me this.

That would be great that some lenovo could answer to the thread.

But for me it's hard to call support, I need my laptop daily and don't have time to deals with phone support.

And it's sound like a design failure... I would appreciate that lenovo tech support contact us, since it's an expensive laptop (for me).

I don't even retalk about the battery inside since is almost a joke, they lost capacity quickly (maybe for a new thread)

jamaal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,343
Message 12 of 26

Re: Holding X240 by bottom left hand corner causes screen to black out and flicker

Hey,

Did you solve that problem? I'm suffering from this too and would like to know how, if you solved it. Same what happens for you in that video, not always but a few times per week. Sometimes it only freezes without flickering.
aly123
What's DOS?
Views: 2,293
Message 13 of 26

I had the same problem and fixed it.

I opened the bottom and tightened the screws of the internal battery and harddisk. Then put it back together and tightened the screws for the bottom.

No problem since.

sachind
What's DOS?
Views: 2,188
Message 14 of 26

Hi All,

I am from India and facing the same issue with my Thinkpad X 240 purchased in June 2015. I have complained to lenovo many times and they have changed the motherboard and RAM but issue is still there. Screen Flickers any time and screen got freeze if I move X240 from one place to another.

I undersnd that this is manufacturing defect  / design issue from Thinkpad. 

Lenovo must take some action and replace faulty X 240 Series laptos immediately.

Regards,

Sachin

engrpgg
What's DOS?
Views: 1,252
Message 15 of 26

I am having these same issue on X260. I will try and get the screws tightened on the left side although I know the HDD is now on the right side. Only the memory is on the left.

JonathanChan
Serial Port
Views: 1,119
Message 16 of 26

Yep here on an x260. I took off the lid to see what specifically might reproduce it. Couldn't identify anything. Just applying pressure on the left palm rest to flex the board a little causes the thing to crash. The screen blacks out with a flash of a few small rectangles with noise.

Never happened before just happened one day. Now I can't even put my computer to sleep and carry it around in my backpack. It'll just crash. Also seems to the a problem where if the computer is on for long enough, the screen freezes and the colors slowly fade to black. seems to be independt of this crash, cause appying pressure can still crash it while it fades.

sghosh01
What's DOS?
Views: 898
Message 17 of 26

Hi,

I have the same issue in my X250. But the HDD is on the right side since X250 models I guess. It appears the sensitive area is where the processor and ram are. Did anybody find a solution to this ..? Would be highly appreciated.

JonathanChan
Serial Port
Views: 886
Message 18 of 26

The hdd was never the issue. The guy above who said the hdd was under the left side was wrong and a quick google seach would have confirmed that. Under the left side is the battery connector and the ram slot. My guess is the ram connection or motherboard is the issue. Bought a brand spanking new x260 after my fiasco and still got bsods from press the left side.
sghosh01
What's DOS?
Views: 875
Message 19 of 26

That definitely sucks man! I thought the X series had magnesium roll cage and what not. The build quality is dropping like crazy, seems like my next workhorse wont be a ThinkPad any more.

Update: I took off the heat sink, reapplied thermal paste and put it back. I also cleaned the RAM slot and wiped the RAM contacts. The issue seems to have gone away for now at least
timpel_800
Punch Card
Views: 516
Message 20 of 26

Hi Jonathan, have you found a solution? I m facing the excact same problems. 

See this vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ieGAyerbs

Would be great if I could fix it, its really bad. Dont even dare to walk around with my laptop anymore. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors