Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-16-2020

Switzerland

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 3

Hotkey Client Loader causes Outlook to hang

2021-04-06, 20:23 PM

My Outlook (Microsoft 365) was hanging on my X1 Yoga 4th from time to time and I could isolate that the opening of some HTML mails cause this problem.

So I opened a case at Microsoft and they asked my to perform a clean boot with all non-Microsoft services disabled --> Outlook does not hang anymore.

With some try and error I discovered that the "Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader" causes the problem. With this service disabled, Outlook works without problems, but when enabled, Outlook hangs when opening some HTML mails. I installed the latest Lenovo Hotkey Features Integration (version 9.2.0.3) but the problem persists.

I have no Idea why the Hotkey Client Loader should have a severe impact on Outlook, but this is perfectly reproducable. Any ideas how to fix this?

Options

1319 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

90 Signins

6597 Page Views

• Views: 6597
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Hotkey Client Loader causes Outlook to hang

2021-04-06, 20:55 PM

Hello Frafi,

Greetings

I suggest that you update the drivers and BIOS thru the support site.
Also, under BIOS, load the default settings then save before exiting.

Then try the steps below:
-Open Services.msc
-Find Lenovo Hot Key Client Loader
-Click Properties: Change Startup Type to Automatic (Delayed), from just Automatic
-Restart the system

Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

01-16-2020

Switzerland

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Hotkey Client Loader causes Outlook to hang

2021-04-07, 10:30 AM

Thanks, Lorenzo!

My X1 is running with the latest software both from Lenovo (I double-checked with a scan) and from Microsoft.

I set the Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader service to delayed start and rebooted. Again, when this E-mail is displayed (even as a preview) - Outlook hangs with a high CPU usage.

Any further idea?

Best, Frafi

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms