Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vimerate
Paper Tape
Views: 1,554
Message 1 of 8

Hotkey only works after restarting 'Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader'

I have an X1 Carbon 6th Gen and I have the most recent drivers for the hotkey integration: 9.0.1.6 rev 5. As said in the title, my hotkeys don't work after every boot until  I go to 'services.msc' and restart the Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader. Afterwards, every hotkey works including after sleep and until the next boot. Could anyone help me diagnose the problem with the service? 'services.msc' displays the loader as running after every boot, meaning that the service itself has messed up somewhere. 

PIRATAS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,071
Message 2 of 8

Re: Hotkey only works after restarting 'Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader'

I have problems with the service as well.

My service is not running, even it it is set as Automatic, and when I try to load it manually I get a “Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion”.

Have you understand how to solve your problem?

Maybe I could solve mine as well.

Thank you.

Agustin_2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 684
Message 3 of 8

I have the exact same issue. This service is failing to start.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 676
Message 4 of 8

Hi!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

The newer version of Hotkey Features Integration can be downloaded in the support link below,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

If you haven't yet, make sure to install the driver, and observe for any changes afterwards. Kindly post back in the discussion for the results.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Agustin_2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 5 of 8

I already installed that several times, I didn't notice any change.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 668
Message 6 of 8

You can check and try the suggested solution provided in the similar discussion below,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Hotkey-only-works-after-restarting-Lenovo-Hot...

You can download the Power Management Driver here,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Mischa2
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 7 of 8

We already installed Lenovo Power Management Driver ver. 1.67.17.48 and Hotkey Features Integration ver. 9.1.0.3 on the models T460, T470, T490 and Yoga X1 Gen4 but the hotkeys F8-F12 still won’t work.

We’re using Win 10 1903.

To make it work we have to start the Lenovo hotkey client loader service or run the setapps.exe on ever boot.

Is there any other recommendation what we could try to make it work?

Thanks a lot

Mischa2
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 8 of 8

Setting the service "Lenovo hotkey client loader service" to delayed start helped so far but this cannot really be the solution as the service is not available immediately after the boot. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors