cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawei
Punch Card
Views: 4,979
Message 1 of 5

How can I burn out recovery image to DVD?

Hi !

Could someone pls guide me how can I burn out the recovery image from the hidden partation (5.13 GB) to the external DVD-ROM so that I can extend my harddisk for more space? And, pls guide me how I can delete that partation and conbine with my existing partation. Currently I have only one partation which is "C" drive.

My spec is as follow;

TPx61, Model:7672A22, OS:VistaBusiness(6.0, Build 6000), BIOS:Ver1.00PARTTBL, Processor:Intel(R)Coe(TM)2DuoCPUT7300@2.00GHz(2CPUs), RAM:3GB, HDD:120GB

Step by step guide would be much appreciaed.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dawei

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,903
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can I burn out recovery image to DVD?

Well, I can't give you an extensive step by step guide here, but instead I can hopefully give you some hints and pointers into the right direction.

Usually a Thinkpad comes along with some ThinkVantage software named Rescue and Recovery, which is Lenovos own imaging software and which allows to perform and restore harddisk image backups. Informations about "Rescue and Recovery" software  (downloads, user manuals etc.) can also be found on the Lenovo webserver under the ThinkVantage sections. You will also find a lot of information related to this theme if you search through the Thinkpads forum --> here.

As an maybe much easier to use alternative, you should take also a look onto Acronis TrueImage, which is a very good and easy to use imaging software. With the help of Acronis TrueImage you can easily back up the recovery image from your hidden partation onto another harddisk, CDs or DVDs, so that you afterwards (...after verifying that your image backup really works and also can be restored)  can delete/destroy/recombine the backup partition with some appropriate tool like Acronis Director or Partitition Magic etc.

Take a look on the websites of the above mentioned software tools, there you should also find user manuals and maybe some tutorials for how to use those tools. You can also do some specific Google search for this theme and then look, if there is maybe some good step to step advice among the hits the search querry returns.

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

cocoxiang
Paper Tape
Views: 4,884
Message 3 of 5

It is very simple.

You can find click "Program" at start menu, then "Thinkvantage"==>"Create Recovery Media".

You will burn the recovery disk as the instructions.

Remember,  there are 1CD+1DVD of the recovery disks.

The CD(1#, Boot the Notebook) contains the Rescue & Recovery software and it can use in any type of the new Thinkpads. While the DVD (2#) contains the really recovery files.
www.nbfan.com.cn
dawei
Punch Card
Views: 4,878
Message 4 of 5

Hi cocoxiang,

Thanks for your advice.

I could manage to burn the first bootable CD, but I can't for the second DVD which contains the really recovery files.

Any advice?

Thanks.
cocoxiang
Paper Tape
Views: 4,783
Message 5 of 5

Why? I have done these in many type of Thinkpads.

Are there any error information?

Xiang
www.nbfan.com.cn

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors