cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urban75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,884
Message 1 of 2

How do I get XP restore disks for IBM/Lenovo X32 (X31)?

Hi.

I have a IBM/Lenovo X32 with Vista installed and would like to use XP instead. It seems changing OSs is a tricky task without using the restore disks, so does anyone know where I can get them from?

The laptop has a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) XP product key sticker and is still under warranty, but it seems that I can only get a Vista restore disk through Lenovo.

Does anyone know where I can get XP restore disks? Or could some kind soul mail them them to me (I'm in the UK)?

Thanks.
sengsational
Paper Tape
Views: 3,847
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I get XP restore disks for IBM/Lenovo X32 (X31)?

I have an old X22 that's also got a XP COA.  What I did was to install XP from a Dell XP CD!  Yeah, I didn't think it would work either, but it did.  It didn't even ask for a COA during install.  I got online and registered XP using the COA with Microsoft, downloaded SP3, downloaded ThinkVangage and all of the drivers I could find.  Right now I don't have the ability to watch DVD's, but the trackpoint is configurable, and it hibernates.  I also can not get it  to work with my WPA WLAN, but I'm not sure that's even possible anyway (old driver?).

--Dale--

You might want to have a look at this link:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-4M7HWZ
How to use the pre-boot service partition to recover your system
Purchase a recovery CD or DVD by calling the Support Center
If you cannot use the service partition or have had hard drive failure, you will need to obtain a recovery CD or DVD by contacting the Support Center. Please be aware that the Product Recovery CD or DVD may only be available if your machine is still in warranty. A fee may be involved.

United States English 1-800-426-7378

Message Edited by sengsational on 05-11-2008 06:20 AM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors