Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h3y
What's DOS?
Views: 3,578
Message 1 of 7

How do I lock the trackpad on the Lenovo x250

How do I lock the trackpad on the Lenovo x250? I find no shortkey on the keyboard to do this. Is it possible to lock it temporarily without disable it in BIOS or the mouse properties?

I don't see any symbol on any key that seems to be related to turn off the trackpad. The fn + f6 or fn + f8 don't work for my lenovo model x250.

It seems really stupid if you aren't able to turn off the trackpad. Can that really be the case with the Lenovo x250? On my Lenovo g510 I can turn off the trackpad by just clicking on the f6 button. Any ideas?

Lino101
Punch Card
Views: 3,576
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I lock the trackpad on the Lenovo x250

Hi,

i'm assuming you want to Disable the touchpad on the laptop?

To do this follow the below:

Go to control panel > Click on mouse > go to the touchpad tab > disable Lenovo Touchpad

h3y
What's DOS?
Views: 3,573
Message 3 of 7

Please read my post again:"Is it possible to lock it temporarily without disable it in BIOS or the mouse properties?"

I don't want to disable it I want to lock it/disable it temporarily.

Every other laptop I have dealt with have some command or button to lock it. So every time you want to write you have to go to settings and turn it of and then on and so on. There must be a shortcut for temporarily lock the trackpad/temporarily disable the trackpad?

Or did lenovo completely forget about this on this model?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,566
Message 4 of 7

In the Mouse properties you should find an adjustable Palm Reject setting which is specifically for that. Try adjusting it and tell us how it goes!
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
h3y
What's DOS?
Views: 3,561
Message 5 of 7

I have never seen anything like "adjustable Palm Reject setting" in mouse properties. Should it exist by default or shall I install synaptic or something similar? Which os do you use and where do you find "adjustable Palm Reject setting"?

Only setting I find which is a little bit related to it is hide mouse pointer when writing but that setting is quiet useless and not what I'm looking for.

I would be very glad if you could specify your answear with more information. thx in advanceSmiley Happy

The os is windows 7 on the Lenovo x250.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,557
Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately I don't have a Win 7 X250. On my Win 8.1 X1 Carbon 3rd Gen, I go to the Mouse Control Panel>ThinkPad tab>Settings>Advanced tab, and there is an adjustable Palm Check Threshold.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
edirrevo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,544
Message 7 of 7

In GNU/Linux you should be able to do that with the xinput command: xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device Enabled" 0 You could bind this to any key with for example xbindkeys

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors