cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrenchGrandpa
What's DOS?
Views: 186
Message 1 of 4

How do I make a phone call using my x1 carbon?

So I recently bought myself a new x1 cabon and I'm very pleased with it. But I'd really like to know if it is possible to receive / make calls using the integrated SIM slot. So far I've only managed to receive some SMS texts using the built in software from windows.

Does anyone here know there is software available to make calls? Or even if there is some API available, to where I can write my own software to, to do this.

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 173
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I make a phone call using my x1 carbon?

There is a slot inside where you can add an optional WWAN mode, but not all the machines have the antenna wires.  Assuming you do, you would need to get another phone number .

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
FrenchGrandpa
What's DOS?
Views: 162
Message 3 of 4

I’ve already got the WWAN module installed, it is just that I cannot really find any software to make calls.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 155
Message 4 of 4

Sorry.  I was answering the wrong question.  I have only ever used WWAN for data, never voice.I hope someone else can add something more helpful.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors