Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caretoexplain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,336
Message 1 of 4

How do I replace the lid of an x220

I recently brought a used x220 on ebay. Been using it for about 2 weeks so far so good. The laptop does have some issues. I would like to know how do I replace the top lid of an x220? I've ready seen videos on how to replace the screen so I kinda got the hang of replacing the bezel. I just want to know how do I replace the top panel because top right side of the lid is a bit weak. Thanks.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,330
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I replace the lid of an x220

Good day.

Pretty much all of the steps are outlined in the HMM: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/0a60739_04.pdf

Essentially, you'll need to remove the LCD, pull the hinge screws, carefully lift the antennae tapes, and then reinstall all the parts into the replacement lid. Section 2010 is a good starting point.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,317
Message 3 of 4

Getting the hinges and antenna wires in place can be difficult.  If you are planning to get a used lid, I suggest getting one that comes with the antennas and hinges.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,292
Message 4 of 4

Service video
https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=623&key=TGVuZw==

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors