04-29-2017 08:29 PM
I have few issues with my Lenovo Yoga X1 and I want to contact support directly by opening support ticket describing my problems. Does Lenovo have support at all or we are left with these forums only?
I have many issues like:
- Integrated SIM data access card is very often not working and sometimes I need to wait for it for 20-30 minutes to "start up" until I can use my mobile internet
- When I first bought my laptop I had an option for automatic keyboard backlight (laptop detects environment and sets it accordingly). That option is gone now and I cannot enable it anywhere.
- Sometimes my fingerprint sensor data somehow gets reset and I have to do it all over again (set it up, etc.). As if BIOS is reset to factory settings on it's own
- When I connect to my laptop using RDP Wacom ISD Service starts killing my CPU and only way to get rid of it is to stop the service (which affects digitizer then)
- Battery lasts around 5 hours at best even on power saving mode
- Intel bluetooth driver cannot install. I tried more than once and it fails each time (using Lenovo companion).
I have all the latest drivers and BIOS firmware installed. Also all the Windows updates are installed.
04-29-2017 10:53 PM
In U.S., for warranty support call 1-800-426-7378
05-25-2017 05:24 AM
So you only have telephone support? That's unfortunate because to explain all those issues I said on phone I would need 2 hours talking esspecially considering that probably I will not speak with engineer but some random support guy who knows only basic stuff.
06-09-2017 06:17 PM
How come you have so many options? All I see on that page are the 3:
I paid for a 3 years repair waranty and after 2 weeks I already need a repair and cannot contact them at all!
06-20-2017 08:20 AM
I also only see 3 options as yourself. My laptop is 50 days old according to the warranty check. I think I will have to call them directly to have my issues resolved.