Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sombrafam
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 1 of 3

How to recover original OS after disk lost

I have installed a dual boot  (Windows/Linux) on my Lenovo X1 Carbon and for a stupid mistake erased all disk boot sector and partition table. How can I install the system the way it came from factory with the original Windows and Lenovo utilities?

Guru
Views: 134
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to recover original OS after disk lost

You can contact support.  If its under warranty see below link.  If its out of warranty I believe you can still call support but they will charge you $45-$60.  Its been a while so I dont remember the exact charge.  You can download recovery media only 1 time.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovorecovery?linkTrack=Body:Box:RecoveryMedia|Coupon

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Lenovo Employee Vmax100K
Lenovo Employee
Views: 108
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to recover original OS after disk lost

Hi guys,

If you not clean recovery partiton .Please follow below step to try reset system .

1. Reboot PC .

2. Press F11 during POST boot. Will into WINPE .

3. Select Troubleshoot->Reset this PC->Keep my files .  This will keeps your personal files.  If you want have a clean driver and reset system . you can select "Remove everything" .  Notes: this action will clear all data . 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors