cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariah
Paper Tape
Views: 15,180
Message 1 of 3

How to set up SIM card in ThinkPad X220 to go on Cell phone network to go on Internet?

my ThinkPad X220 does not have SIM card, but does have SIM card Slot. So what should I do to get my laptop to go on the Internet with cell phone network? Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,057
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to set up SIM card in ThinkPad X220 to go on Cell phone network to go on Internet?

Mariah,

1. look at laptop' user guide Smiley Wink
2. be sure your laptop is wwan ready, i.e.has wwan antennas
3. purchase wwan modem from x220' compatibility list according to your region and mobile carrier network type
4. install modem into laptop; look at HMM or service video for your help
5. download appropriate wwan modem driver from Lenovo' site and install it.
6. If your carrier' network is simless find out on your laptop in Control Panel or download Mobile Broadband application from Lenovo' site, install it and activate your modem in carrier' network. OR in other case insert SIM card into laptop.
7. If you prefer Windows connection manager set APN option. OR find out Lenovo Access Connection Manager on your laptop (or download from Lenovo' site), install it, create profile.
8. Enjoy

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Mariah
Paper Tape
Views: 15,038
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to set up SIM card in ThinkPad X220 to go on Cell phone network to go on Internet?

Oh, My God!!!! That's sooooo detailed!!!!! Thank you soooooo much for the information. I would have to write it down and follow the steps. Give me some time, I will get back to you to let you know how I am doing with it. Smiley Happy

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors