Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-16-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

I replaced the keyboard on my Lenovo Thinkpad X250 and now the mouse keys won't work

2021-04-16, 2:21 AM

I replaced the keyboard on my Lenovo Thinkpad X250, which I've done before with no problems.  I was able to hook everything back up the way it was before I touched it, but now my on-laptoop mouse keys don't work.  The touchpad works, so I can move the mouse around and tap on it to double click, but I can't right-click, left-click, select, or scroll.  Tellingly, the little red rubbery track button doesn't respond either. I checked in my boot menu, and both the touchpad and trackpoint are marked as [Enabled].

The keyboard was officially listed as being for an X240 (and it doesn't light up, etc.), but they're supposed to be compatible.

Has anyone had this problem before?  I followed the same YouTube video I've used before (this one), and it says what to do, but not which parts of my computer's innards match up to which functionality.  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Options

1587 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

106 Signins

7980 Page Views

• Views: 7980
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:I replaced the keyboard on my Lenovo Thinkpad X250 and now the mouse keys won't work

2021-04-16, 13:55 PM

Hello DRF24,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with the left and right touchpad keys.
If you install it properly, chances are the problem is either with software settings, hardware compatibility or the part is defective.

Kindly check the parts look up site. It contains the as-built and compatible parts for X250

Compare the FRU or part number from the ones that you got.

Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms