cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovouser_
Paper Tape
Views: 324
Message 1 of 4

[ISSUE] Lenovo Yoga X1 1st Gen - Popping of Start Menu in Win10 | Items are changing and moving arou

Hi folks, Do you experienced this issue with your laptops that randomly popping the Start Menu on your Win10. Also some of items in desktop are moving around and also even though I set the lockscreen to sleep by "Never" but it will lock around 3-5mins.

Is this known issue for the drivers or for this model?

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 323
Message 2 of 4

Re: [ISSUE] Lenovo Yoga X1 1st Gen - Popping of Start Menu in Win10 | Items are changing and moving

The random start menu popping is a known issue. In fact it has just been fixed! 

Download this update here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fi/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Remember to keep the notebook display on when you update. If you switch to external displays it willl not find the notebook display.

Icons moving around the desktop is probably a Windows issue. It happens to me as well sometimes, when I switch between msny displays.

About the sleep period. Notice that 'sleep' and 'turn off display' are two different settings. Did you set both to never?

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
lenovouser_
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 3 of 4

Re: [ISSUE] Lenovo Yoga X1 1st Gen - Popping of Start Menu in Win10 | Items are changing and moving

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me how to check the my Touch Firmware Update Tool version before I proceed on updating it.

Yes, it was set to never.
lenardg
802.11n
Views: 285
Message 4 of 4

I have no idea how to check the version beforehand. I believe it would tell you if you have the same or newer version already installed.

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors