01-21-2018

HK

12 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 3

Inaccessible boot device

2018-01-21, 16:37 PM

My X1 carbon showed me error on booting after windows update (blue page). Before that , I found no USB device while I plug the USB Storage key to the USB port.

The message showed : inaccessible boot device

I tried all options in recovery but none of them solved my problem. Please tell me how to do now?

Options

1 Posts

01-21-2018

DE

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Inaccessible boot device

2018-01-21, 19:44 PM

Hey there,

had the same problem with an windows 10 update. Solved it by using the RegBack Registry Backup that Windows automatically creates:

https://die-it-werkstatt.de/technik/technik-artikel/inaccessible-boot-device-nach-update-bei-windows-10.html

Options

3651 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4304 Signins

48272 Page Views

• Views: 48272
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Inaccessible boot device

2018-01-21, 22:07 PM

I got that after a failed Windows Update (in my case it was KB4054517), but I was able to recover to a previous System Restore Point and boot back up.    Once booted back up, I immediately disabled the Windows Update service, by running services.msc  to prevent Windows from trying to update again.     I then uninstalled the failed Windows Update (check update history) and then ran the stand alone installer for the failed update, found by searching for KB??????? on Microsoft's Update Catalog site, which resolved the problem in my case.

To run the System Restore, I booted to my Winodws 10 Windows Installation Media USB, selected "Repair your Computer" and then from Advanced Tools chose System Restore, but you should be able to do the same if you can boot to recovery mode.

If System Restore fails, you might try restoring the Registry Backups by following the steps in this link (in English)

How to manually restore the Registry

https://pureinfotech.com/restore-registry-backup-windows-10/

Best of luck,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete