Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbytan
Punch Card
Views: 1,679
Message 1 of 10

Intel AMT 7.1 management engine firmware

After trying several times, the firmware could not be updated. I kept getting the message,

[ FWUpdLcl.exe is not reconized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file]

Any advise on this ?

ccl13
Token Ring
Views: 1,651
Message 2 of 10

Re: Intel AMT 7.1 management engine firmware

Did you do that closely following the instructions given in the description of the firmware? Did you try to download the firmware and run the update with administrator privileged cmd window?
bylund
Token Ring
Views: 1,526
Message 3 of 10

@bobbytan wrote:

After trying several times, the firmware could not be updated. I kept getting the message,

[ FWUpdLcl.exe is not reconized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file]

Any advise on this ? 

I get the same error and cannot install the update. Did anyone have a potential solution to this?

bylund
Token Ring
Views: 1,523
Message 4 of 10

Nevermind, it seems it installed anyway (!). Upon restart the version number had updated to the newer version...

orangebuddha
Serial Port
Views: 1,468
Message 5 of 10

I have the same problem.

bylund, when you got the error message, did it take any time to update? I got the error straight away, and it definately did not update, when i  checked with the meinfowin.exe program that came with the update

orangebuddha
Serial Port
Views: 1,423
Message 6 of 10

I noticed the the Intel AMT update doesn't work with Bitlocker drive encryption. I don't use Bitlocker, but I do use drive encryption, Sophos safeguard. Could that be a reason why it wont update?

gretzteam
Punch Card
Views: 1,413
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

Side question....what does this AMT do? I notice that there is a new version available online, but the thinkvantage driver update software doesn't notify me about it. Is this an update considered important?

Thanks!

orangebuddha
Serial Port
Views: 1,376
Message 8 of 10

@gretzteam wrote:

Hi,

Side question....what does this AMT do? I notice that there is a new version available online, but the thinkvantage driver update software doesn't notify me about it. Is this an update considered important?

AMT (Active Management Technology) allows your laptop to be remotely managed, which allows system administors to fix your laptop if there are any issues.

If you're not in a corporate environment, its unlikely that its of any use to you.

orangebuddha
Serial Port
Views: 1,375
Message 9 of 10

@bobbytan wrote:

Likely the files are not in the windows path, so Windows can't find the file. Easiest way to fix this is add the location of the file to your path. In Properties of My Computer, Advanced, Environement Variables..., then add to PATH in System Variables.

May need a reboot after you update it.

The other thing that may work rather than updating your path is to move to the directory you unzipped the files to. In the command window use the cd command, e.g. cd c:\drivers\win\me (use the directory its unzipped to)

zolivajda
What's DOS?
Views: 863
Message 10 of 10

Hello, I hope I will help someone. The solution that worked for me was to change directory in command prompt (cd) to the folder that contains the FWUpdLcl.exe and the MEUpdate.cmd ( default is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\ME ) and just type in MEUpdate.cmd and everything will work as expected.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors