Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sealight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,039
Message 1 of 2

Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) not working on X1 Yoga

I'm struggling to enable VT-x on Lenovo X1 Yoga despite having executed a lot of troubleshooting steps.

When I go to BIOS I see two options:
- Intel (R) Virtualization Techonology
- Intel (R) VT-d Feature

The weird thing is that when I set Enabled on the first one, the Intel Processor Identification Utility and haxm_check.exe tells me I don't have VT support!

If I disable "Intel (R) Virtualization Techonology" in the BIOS then the tools tell me I have VT support.

Problem is, despite the tools saying it is available (but only when it is Disabled in the BIOS), the intelhaxm-android.exe setup fails with the message:
"This computer meets the requirements for HAXM, but Intel Virtualization Techonology (VTx) is not turned on."

The "Hyper-V Platform"  on Turn Windows features 'on or off gets greyed out too, which may indicate the VT is not enabled.

I have Hyper-V disabled; Performed multiple cool shutdowns; Updated BIOS; Nothing worked.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

The only way to make Windows 10 recognize VT is to disable it on BIOS!!!

msgBios.jpg

Having it disabled on BIOS Intel tools say it is supported (otherwise it shows no support)

msg2.png

msg6.png

However, it is seen as disabled

msg5.png

And HAXM does not install

msg1.png

The BIOS version is up to date

msg4.png

Hyper-V is disabled

msg3.png

sealight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,971
Message 2 of 2

Re: Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) not working on X1 Yoga

Update:
Solution - Disable Device Guard and Credential Guard hardware like mentioned last here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38983128/cant-start-android-emulator-after-installing-windows-10-...

Enable VT in BIOS and then use this PowerShell to disable Device Guard and Credential Guard hardware
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53337
DG_Readiness_Tool_v2.0.ps1 -Disable

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors