Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
khycheun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,685
Message 1 of 4

Is Intel Turbo Memory a good option to add?

I am planning to purchase an X61 very shortly.  When I go through the forum, I kept reading complaints from different people that their new X61 (with Vista Business) are not stable.  And most of the time, the recommendation is to install a new Intel Turbo Memory driver.  This leads me to think that the Intel Turbo Memory may not be very stable with Vista Business.  I understand that this option can boost the performance but there is no point of having it if the hanging/blue screen can happen as frequent as once per day.

My question is that does the Intel Turbo Memory driver problem happens very frequently and whether the performance boost worths the risk of getting an unstable workstation?

Regards,

khycheun
monkey_boy
Punch Card
Views: 8,666
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is Intel Turbo Memory a good option to add?

the intel turbo option is a good option to have if you got the money for it. you could acheive the same performance with an alternative by using vista's new "Readyboost" option, this feature allows you to use your extra flash drive to improve/add more virtual ram at your disposal. if you go with the turbo memory option, download the latest driver to make the computer up to date. i haven't experienced any more problem after installing all the necessary updates as well as driver.
Thinkpad X61: 7675-CTO, T7500 NV, 1GB RAM, 120 HDD, 1GB Turbo Memory, VIsta Business
Ballallaz
Serial Port
Views: 8,622
Message 3 of 4

don't bother. Some early tests even show that it may actually slow dow some tasks....
Invest in RAM....
mikehh
Punch Card
Views: 8,572
Message 4 of 4

The boot speed would be much faster, but it only works for Vista.
Mike
X61s 2G XP

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors