cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arubaones
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 1 of 4

Is Lenovo planning on developing a touch screen Thinkpad X Carbon (other than the Thinkpad Yoga)

I posted a similar question earlier and people referred me to the Yoga (much appreciated).  However, I was interested in the 2.6 lb carbon version with touch screen capabilities.  Asus has a Spin 7 model that is very good at 2.65lb, but I miss the red mouse toggle in the middle of the keyboard and Asus's track pad was designed too large....causing unintended tapping. 

The Yoga, while nice, is heavier than I was looking for.  The 14 inch screen is about 3.3lb? the 12 inch at 3?

I thought that some of the earlier Thinkpad Carbons had touch screen and was hoping they would make a return soon. 

Thanks,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 261
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is Lenovo planning on developing a touch screen Thinkpad X Carbon (other than the Thinkpad Yoga)

Just poking around the PSREF pages...

My X1 Yoga's base weight is 3lbs with touch.  The previous-gen X1 Carbon bulked up by about 0.2lbs when the touch option was included.

Doing a back-of-the envelope calculation, a Carbon with touch added might be slightly lighter thant the X1Y, but not much.  OTOH, I suppose every oz counts...

Just speaking for myself, it's very unlikely that a touch option will be added to the Carbon when they have that covered with the X1Y.  (been wrong a time or two...)

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 255
Message 3 of 4

Re: Is Lenovo planning on developing a touch screen Thinkpad X Carbon (other than the Thinkpad Yoga)

The 2nd gen x1 yoga was previewed ar CES 2017.  It will be available shortly.  The machine is finger and pen touch and is just under 3lbs.  I wrote a first-look review here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2017/Sneak-peek-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-Generation-2-Review/td-p/35...

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kkb-texas
Serial Port
Views: 215
Message 4 of 4

I have a Carbon X1 that has touch screen. Guess I was lucky to get it when it was offered. I got it in June 2015.

Top Kudoed Authors