cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdfrankfort
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to have yoga touch screen enabled only when in tablet mode?

I have a yoga x1 gen 3.

Is there any way to have the touch screen enabled only when I fold it all the way over to tablet mode. And do it automatically so that I don't have to manually switch the touch screen on and off?

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 72
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to have yoga touch screen enabled only when in tablet mode?

Hi rdfrankfort!

Welcome to the Community,

I'm afraid that there's no such feature included in the Windows Settings, nor in the actual Touchpad Driver that will allow us to disabled the touchscreen automatically when on laptop, and will be enabled when switch to Tablet Mode. It has to be done manually. Are you having difficulty using the Touchscreen while in Laptop Mode?

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rdfrankfort
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to have yoga touch screen enabled only when in tablet mode?

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I have noticed that there is a problem with touchscreen mode when I use the laptop as a laptop ie: actaully sitting on my lap (which I do a lot). Basically if I have touch screen mode enabled and have the laptop on my lap, it sometimes acts as if I am touching the screen when I am not - slightly random movement of the cursor, and the shadow effect that is there when you touch the screen appearing somtimes even though I have not touched the screen.

I assume this is because I am inadvertently bending the body of the laptop very slightly as I have it on my lap and I'm touch typing, and in so doing somethign is being being bent on the screen or may be the touchpad or red nipple.

Its not a big deal. I so rarely use the touchscreen that mostly I just leave it swiched off and that solves the problem. However, then I have to remember to swich it back on on the rare occasions I use the yoga in tablet mode. Those times are rare enough that I have to think and sometimes work out again how to switch touch screen off/on, which is why I would like to have a way to have it be automatic.

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors