cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 286
Message 1 of 4

Is it worth to forget about the Boxing Day Sale and wait for 2019 Thinkpad models?

Given that the Boxing Day Sale will end in a few days, is it worth to forget about it and wait for 2019 models? I like the X1E 4K model but I don't like the fan noise and the fingerprint maget keyboard area. Having extra battery life is a welcome. How likely will these be fixed in 2019 models? If there will be a silver version, I will go for it as it is not fingerprint magnet.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 269
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it worth to forget about the Boxing Day Sale and wait for 2019 Thinkpad models?

First, I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION.  I have seen less this year in the way of rumors and leaks than any year I can remember.  Last year, there were leaks on upcoming models from all the computer makers.  Most people assume 2019 versions of some models will be announced at the Consumer Electronics Show, starting in 10 days, but what models and what will change is not really known.  Mode being announced does not mean they are available for sale on announcement. day.  Only you can decide if you need to get something now, or whether waiting is best for you.  The X1E was new  later in 2018.  There may or may not be one announced at the show.  The 2nd generation often fixes complaints that are wide-spread, but nobody can say if it will change the issues that are important to you.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 225
Message 3 of 4

Re: Is it worth to forget about the Boxing Day Sale and wait for 2019 Thinkpad models?

Thanks. X1 Carbon and Yoga both have black and silver versions. Did the silver versions release the same time the black versions did? Since the X1E is also under the X series, why there is no silver version yet?

I read that users have been spending the time to do all sorts of things to lower the noise of the X1E. Not sure how effecive it is. Some people asked for videos on how it sounds like after removal of the mesh at the bottom of the case but nobody has responded yet.

The only rumors I heard is that there will be CPU and GPU changes in some models with the possibility that Nvidia 20x0 series GPU might show up in some laptops.

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 124
Message 4 of 4

Some companies have already announced new laptops but there is still no announcement from Lenovo on 2019 Thinkpads.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors