Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobiasgebhardt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 105
Message 1 of 1

Is this a counterfeit X201 battery?

Hello everyone,

I bought myself a 9-Cell Battery off ebay for my X201. I got it for 50€, it said it was used but had 99% capacity remaining. It arrived today and looks very good, as good as new, but definetly feels geniune.

Whats odd is that it doesn't have the production date sticker on it, it looks to have been peeled off.

Also, in the lenovo Vantage software it reads a firmware version 0000-0000-0000-0000, and when I tried updating the battery firmware with the lenovo battery firmware update tool, i got an error saying, the attached battery could not be read. 

And whats the most interesting is that lenovo vantage reads a cycle count of 189, which is impossible because the full charge capacity is still 91Whh, which is very close to the original 94Wh and a battery with 189 charging cycles would be pretty much dead.

Can someone, preferably a Lenovo Official, tell me if this battery is counterfeited or not? Is it maybe an original case but someone changed out the battery cells itself?

I attached a photo of the label on the battery as well as the lenovo vantage battery readout.

Hope someone can help me out hereIMG_2227.jpgAnmerkung 2019-10-08 182548.pngAnmerkung 2019-10-08 182612.png

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors