cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooper2
Paper Tape
Views: 8,376
Message 1 of 6

It's June now. Where is the x1 carbon 2019!

Lenovo had already announced that x1 carbon 2019 will sell in June. Where is it?

No any news now? How to pre-order? Which store can I buy it at the first time? 

The price of all the models? The accurate date to sell?

Cooper2
Paper Tape
Views: 8,173
Message 2 of 6

Re: It's June now. Where is the x1 carbon 2019!

Anyone??

KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 8,106
Message 3 of 6

I'm worried too. We have a good 50+ X1 Carbons and Yogas that are now over three years old, way past the replacement time, but nothing new has come in.

Now, please take the following as "I think so", and not as a fact written in stone, but this is the idea I'm getting. Now, Intel never managed to get new U-series CPU's beginning of the year, as they usually do. As we know, Intel has been one screwup over another lately. They were supposed to get something this spring, but nothing is coming. Now, they just recently announced the 10th generation, which they promise for "holidays", basically late Q4 this year. There doesn't seem to be a 9th generation of U-series (what the X1 needs) at all. At least I haven't seen anything. 

So, if this is the case and I understood right [DISCLAIMER!], then Intel just screwed over laptop manufacturers three times in a row, and basically there will not be a 2019 model of X1 Carbon or Yoga.

Which would basically mean that I'm a wee bit pissed. And the fact that Lenovo is saying nothing means that they're probably not sure what to say either. I can feel their pain, but unfortunately they have to tend to the customers. Throw us a ball, please.

KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 8,057
Message 4 of 6

I think we're going to be seeing 8th gen Whiskey Lake CPU's here. Intel is calling these refreshes, I call them bad jokes. Here's a compare from Intel's own site. We're getting a whopping 0,1 GHz extra speed on the high end, with only minor changes otherwise. 

Intel SHOULD be getting these out within a month or two, as for Lenovo, we shall hope. Amazing that Intel takes so long to put out an obsolete chip, but as we've seen, they're not doing well.

intel_compare.pngIntel i7-8565U vs i7-8665U

Thinking ahead, I wouldn't mind seeing AMD here. They're already having the X395 which looks like a decent option. The key problem I feel is lack of Thunderbolt, and that'll have to wait till next year. Right now Thunderbolt is Intel only technology, but it will be a standard part of USB 4 for every manufacturer. Then we could harmonize docking solutions completely and that's important at least here. 

Wil there be an AMD powered X1 model? I wouldn't mind. I think they're testing the waters with X395.

Cooper2
Paper Tape
Views: 8,031
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your reply! What i care most is 4k screen. that is also the reason that i don't want to buy the 2018 edition. Thanks again! And I would like to ask that if i buy it in Black friday, how much can i save?
KyuuET
Punch Card
Views: 8,015
Message 6 of 6

Just to clarify: I do not work for Lenovo, I just use the products so I have absolutely no official information on what they're doing or not. 

Based on working in the wholesale sector (outside IT), I would guess that they're not going to put the hottest and newest products on sale anytime soon, but sell older models cheaper during sales. I buy with bid pricing anyways ("gimme a good price for 20 pcs of this model") so these events don't affect me and I don't follow them.

I say, wait a month or two, and the new models should be out. Maybe bad CPU's but at least better screens and some other new features, colors, designs, connectors etc. A bit worried about battery life, we'll see.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors