Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougherty477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,404
Message 1 of 8

Jumping and flickering display on ThinkPad X270

I recently purchased a ThinkPad X270 with the 1920x1080 IPS non-touch display.  After only a very short time using it, I noticed that the display starting jumping and flickering very badly at random times.  The BIOS and all of the drivers were updated to what the Lenovo Companion tool recommended.  I captured some video of the behavior here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjP8R5t89zq2oXvMKmnuV_6l0fic

I was hoping that this was just a bad individual unit.  I contacted support and explained the problem, and they set me up with a replacement.  Well, the replacement arrived yesterday and it's doing the exact same thing.  Videos of the new one exhibiting the problem are here:

[admin - link removed]

I've started the refund process for the new one because at this point, I suspect it is either a driver problem, a design problem, or a supply chain problem with the LCD panel.  I'm not sure what model I will ultimately upgrade to from my beloved x230 but unfortunately, I'm sure it's not the x270.

dougherty477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,328
Message 2 of 8

Re: Jumping and flickering display on ThinkPad X270

UPDATE: this problem seems to be more readily apparent with, perhaps even caused by, the inclusion of the Hyper-V feature set from Windows 10 Pro.  Hyper-V can be added in the "Turn Windows features on or off" control panel.

Can anyone confirm this or has anyone else seen this before?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,315
Message 3 of 8

Hello and welcome,

I don't have experience with this issue but The Google indicates that it's sometimes corrected by BIOS or graphics driver updates.

The updates offered by Companion may lag what's available on the support site.  Have you had a look there for more recent downloads?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

dougherty477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,297
Message 4 of 8

Hi zoltanthegypsy,

Thanks for the note.  The drivers and BIOS are all in line with what is distributed on the product page but the problem still persists if Hyper-V is installed.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,214
Message 5 of 8

Hi dougherty477,  also welcome,

I removed one of your links because it included one of your serial numbers; not something we like to see in public even linked to.

Also to help look into this a little deeper could you perhaps provide the following further information;

Graphics driver version
OS version
Virtual OS version

Steps required to reproduce, i.e. enable virtual terminal .....

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

dougherty477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,187
Message 6 of 8

Intel has released an updated driver for the HD Graphics 620 to address this issue:

https://communities.intel.com/message/473507#473507

Could someone from Lenovo please look into repackaging it for affected Lenovo devices?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,179
Message 7 of 8

We are aware of the new release from Intel and have been awaiting your response to my previous message and PM requesting your serial numbers, which I admit, you may not have responded to the PM as a result of my above response which came later re. the s/n.

I'm going to be sending you another PM, please look out for it.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Hazhir
Serial Port
Views: 1,522
Message 8 of 8

hi would you please tell us the model name of your lcd like this https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x270-hd-LCD/td-p/3910053 

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors