Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

I had the x120e w/ E-240 for a week now and I've quite enjoyed it, but with someone buying it at cost I figured I would do the upgrade to the E-350 with this order.

I have a 180gb ssd from corsair lying around from my last desktop that will need firmware updates.

So my question: Is there any Bios updates, any changes, any downloads I need to make before I swap in the SSD and should I update the firmware on the SSD via hooking it up to a computer before trying to put a final OS on it?

Just trying to get everything in order so I can go through this quickly when I receive the thinkpad and put it to work Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tommy

Highlighted
Token Ring

Re: Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

I would definitely update the SSD firmware on a separate computer (or external case) and then run a live CD of GParted (a great drive management program) to write zeros while formatting. Brings back the showroom speed of your SSD.

Best explained here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6829
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Just placed order for X120e, what all needs to be done the instant I receive it?

Thanks! I'll make sure to do that when I get off work Thursday morning, things like this I had heard about but could never pinpoint a helpful post for some reason.