Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radioman85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 71
Message 1 of 1

Keyboard input freezing

Hi there,

Since a few days I'm experiencing more and more continuously input freezing. This happened time by time (once a day  or so...) since I bought it in March 2019. But now it is getting really anoying.

From here I don't correct what I am writing here so you see what I mean:

The issue is, that while I'm typing on the keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyboard, it is freezing very often continouing to type my last input as                                    just happend (and again). but mostely it simply don't see my typing and I have retype it. 

Well, I'm a programmer so you may understand that it is very anoying when I push the "backspace" and it                                 continuous to deletes the next 20 letters as well. 

Now it is very difficult to figure out where ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthe problem is to serach:

- Keyboard? I simply never had a malfunctioning keyboard and I never heared about such one. (It is wired) 

- Docking Station? "ThinkPad Hybrid (HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 2.0, USB 3.................................0, **bleep**/RJ45)"

- Lenovo ThinkPad?: X1 Extreme, Bios Version: N2EET37W (1.19)

- OS?: Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) => All drivers are up to date, just checccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccked it.

(From here I corrected my inputs again because I guess you see my problem!)
So what you don't see is that it missed my inputs about 30 to 40 times! => approx. in every 3rd word that I was writing.

In parallel I do have the following Issue as well:

Unexpected Restarts

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Unexpected-Restart-Thinkpad-X1-Extreme/td-p/4...

If I don't find a solution here, I have to bring back the thinkpad.

But I really hope there is another thing!

Cheers Nik

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors