cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesRadcliffe
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 1 of 2

Keyboard on my Thinkpad X1 Yoga is no longer working?

Hi all, 

Today the keyboard on my Thinkpad X1 Yoga has stopped working completely and I cannot figure out why. No keys now work on the keyboard (including triggering the backlight etc), the only indication I have that it may still work is that on pressing certain keys (e.g. caps lock) there will be a beeping sound. After some googling, this seems like it may be toggle keys although I don't know if this would disable my entire keyboard and I have tried every recommended method to disable this yet the issue persists.

I've also tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers, updating Windows through windows update and even a full factory reset (retaining my personal files) and the issue still persists. I've also attempted to enter safe mode although I have been unable to do this due to requiring key presses in order to access it.

Does anyone have any further advice/recommendations that I could look at to try and fix this? Or is it likely that I will need to replace my laptop?

Thanks for your time and I greatly appreciated any help anyone can provide!

James

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 43
Message 2 of 2

Re: Keyboard on my Thinkpad X1 Yoga is no longer working?

Hi JamesRadcliffe! Welcome to our forums community. Since a factory reset has been made and still the issue persist, the issue is more likely a hardware failure on the keyboard. We highly suggest you contacting our support here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 for further assistance.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors